Venue Manager bij Boom Chicago
- solliciteren voor: 31-01-2023
Comedy is at the center of what we do. We mount our own Boom Chicago shows and host visiting comedians. Comedians are funny people to work with and humor is part of our DNA. Life is better when you laugh! We also program external performers, events, our annual
comedy festival, parties, classes and cool things. The owners are the same for 29 years and are still active in the place and inspiring to us all.
We are looking for people with ideas. The principle of improvisation is ‘yes and’ and we believe that. Boom Chicago is the place where bartenders take improv classes and run a club night. Where a new way of increasing sales can be invented, refined and tried in a week.
Since we have three theaters in the venue, we do lots of shows of various quality and goals.
Good ideas can come from everywhere including you and your team. Have an idea for a night? Let’s try it. Have a big idea that can sell 350 tickets, let’s put it in the big house. Medium ideas go upstairs and you and your friends clowning around for your friends in the
attic. Sure let’s try it twice.
What we are looking for
Our head of horeca should be a sales-focused, self-motivated team player, blah blah fucking blah. The same shit as every job description. Don’t run out of beer. Don’t be a dick, etc. That’s the easy part.
What we are looking for is someone who gets Boom Chicago. In addition to running a bar and a business, we are a creative place that does lots of different things. It’s not just the same job in and out. Together with our Sales & Marketing Manager, our Artistic Director and the owners you will form the Executive Leadership Team and shape the future of Boom Chicago.
Comedy is at the center of what we do. We mount our own Boom Chicago shows and host visiting comedians. Comedians are funny people to work with and humor is part of our DNA. Life is better when you laugh! We also program external performers, events, our annual comedy festival, parties, classes and cool things. The owners are the same for 29 years and are still active in the place and inspiring to us all.
We are willing to pay more to get more. We do high stakes business events that need attention to detail and we have salsa nights and a male strip show because why not? And the women who watch love to drink.
It’s too early to talk about the future, but we like working with people we like. If there is a click, we would be looking forward to making a commitment to key people and sharing in future profits. Or if you leave for a new job, we hope it’s better than Boom Chicago. We have said goodbye to great people for almost 30 years and we are proud to see them succeed after they work with us. We are always looking to raise our standards and run the venue with excellent service, a motivated staff and a profitable bottom line. You need to lead by example and be behind the bar yourself, because what sort of leader wouldn’t?
Tasks by function
Daily operations and organizational effectiveness:
– Runs the nights, the team and the sales.
– Delivers excellent customer experience according to the strategy the company
– Plans, staffs and oversees special events with a different schedule.
– Represents the horeca department at operations meetings.
– Help the owners to sleep better.
Horeca sales and logistics:
– Focuses on how to increase sales and drink per capita/visitors on a daily basis and sets clear goals (SMART) for the team.
– Comes up with ideas and plans for new customers, connections and events in
cooperation with the sales and marketing department.
– Never preside over any stupid ‘Dutch service moments.’ Understand why we say, ‘I’ll
be right with you,’ instead of pretending not to see them.
– Hates bad service in other places.
– Reports drink sales, staffing costs and other financial information.
– Build on a sales and business awareness culture among the staff.
– Sell an extra round of drinks, duh!
– Records stock monthly and focuses on keeping stock costs down.
– Threads the staffing needle so we are neither over or understaffed.
– Hires new staff members.
– Trains staff with Boom Chicago’s DNA, work mentality and sales culture. Holds
regular performance reviews.
– Creates and implements rewards and incentives, in line with the long term plan; Sets up trainings to inspire and motivate the staff.
– Make your team laugh!
Interested? Apply to email@example.com.